POPZERO FORUMS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
POPZERO FORUMS

Music, arts, nightlife

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Le Magnifique: Statue immortalizes Mario's greatness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaspersky

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2011-08-27

Le Magnifique: Statue immortalizes Mario's greatness  Empty
PostSubject: Le Magnifique: Statue immortalizes Mario's greatness    Le Magnifique: Statue immortalizes Mario's greatness  EmptyWed 7 Mar à 20:54

PITTSBURGH -- Mario Lemieux truly is a larger-than-life figure -- always able to accomplish the seemingly unachievable feat, capture the unwinnable title, score the impossible goal.

Now, a player whose hockey career is unrivaled for the scope of his accomplishments on and off the ice has been immortalized in a statue that captures both the competitiveness and perseverance that made him special.

A 10 1/4-foot bronze statue that depicts Lemieux splitting through two defensemen to score a breakaway goal in a Dec. 20, 1988 game against the Islanders was unveiled Wednesday at Consol Energy Center, literally across the street from the arena known as The Igloo where the picture-perfect goal was scored.

"When they have a statue like this in your honor, it's something special for myself, my family and, of course, the fans who have followed my career," Lemieux said.

Property Management
Eksotiske piger sex film
Back to top Go down

Le Magnifique: Statue immortalizes Mario's greatness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
POPZERO FORUMS :: other-
Jump to: